Choice of gaskets – what you must think about
- Create space for mounting the gasket
- How should it be mounted? (PDF)
- How often will the lid/door be open?
- Material in the application, material thickness.
Think about bi-metallic corrosion (PDF).
- Shielding performance
- Cost aspects – Volume production? Small series?
Storage time? Tooling costs?
- Fulfillment of standards
- Environmental requirements, IP Ratings
- Have early thoughts about how your product must be shielded. Very often is it late and that creates problems and also more expensive.
- A gasket should be compressed about 15-30 %.
- Use mechanical compression stops.
- Tolerances are different in hard materials comparing with soft.
- Ask for help from your supplier. Why not Jolex AB?
- Ask your supplier for samples. Why not Jolex AB?
Choice of optical filters – RFI windows
- Watch out for Moiré affects when using the RFI window in a LCD application.